Dipl.-Vw. Björn Jahnke
Dipl.-Volkswirt (equivalent to Master degree)
PhD Candidate in Economics at University of Hannover
(Supervisor: Prof. Dr. A. Wagener)
Institute for Social Policy
University of Hannover
Chair Prof. Dr. A. Wagener
Room 121, Building 1507, Königsworther Platz 1, 30167 Hannover
Phone: +49 (0) 511 762-14116
Research Assistant at Institute for Social Policy
Academic Coordinator at RTG 1723: „Globalization and Development"
DFG FOR 756: „Impact of shocks on the vulnerability to poverty: Consequences for development of emerging Southeast Asian economies"
- Tax morale and reciprocity. A case study from Vietnam.
- The effects of economic knowledge on tax attitudes.
- How does petty corruption affect tax morale in sub-Saharan Africa? An empirical analysis.
- Does the reliability of institutions affect public good contributions? Evidence from a laboratory experiment (joint work with Martin Fochmann and Andreas Wagener).
- UNU-WIDER Symposium, The Political Economy of Social Protection in Developing Countries, Mexico City - Mexico (2016)
- Annual Meeting of the Allied Social Science Associations (ASSA), San Francisco - U.S.A. (2016)
- Annual Conference of the Poverty Reduction, Equity and Growth Network (PEGNet), Berlin - Germany (2015)
- Annual Congress of the International Institute of Public Finance (IIPF), Dublin - Ireland (2015)
- International Conference on The Shadow Economy, Tax Evasion and Fiscal Intermediaries, Exeter - England (2015)
- International Conference on Globalization and Development, Göttingen - Germany (2015)
- Ph.D. Workshop, Development Economics Network (DENeB), Berlin - Germany (2015)
- Ph.D. Colloquium, German Economic Association, Research Group on Development Economics, Göttingen - Germany (2014)
- Annual Conference of the Italian Society of Public Economics, Pavia - Italy (2014)
- Annual Congress of the International Institute of Public Finance (IIPF), Lugano - Switzerland (2014)
- IIPF Doctoral School „Tax Systems", Warsaw - Poland (2015)
- 06/2015 - 06/2016 UNU-WIDER „Symposium on the Political Economy of Social Protection Systems"
- 02/2009 - 06/2009 Carl-Duisberg-Stiftung, Scholarship for intership at Heinrich Böll Foundation, Washington D.C. - U.S.A.
- 04/2006 - 12/2008 Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes e.V., Scholarship for study at University of Magdeburg - Germany
Development Economics, Transition Economics, Public Finance, Taxation, Behavioral Economics